The DPA & GDPR May 2018
This website and we comply with the DPA (Data Protection Act 1998) and already comply with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) which comes into effect from 25th May 2018. We will update this policy accordingly after the completion of the UK’s exit from the European Union.
What data we may gather:
We may collect the following information:
• Name and Job Title
• Contact information including email address
• Information such as address and postcode
• Website usage data
• Other information relevant to client enquiries
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from our business, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use your personal data:
• For our own internal records.
• To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
• To contact landlords and tenants
• To send reminders for certifications or services
• Essential part of daily runnings
• If we sell the business it can be used for the same purpose
How long is your data kept for?
Any personal data held by us for reminders and service update notifications will be kept by us until such time that you formally notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
Security and how we store your data:
We will always hold your information securely. To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
• In physical files ( invoices only for 6 years due to tax purpose )
All physical files are locked in a lockable filling cabinet in a locked office with CCTV
Controlling the information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website or through an opt in email, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
• Opt-in to receive communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
• Agreement of our Terms & Conditions
• If you have agreed that we can use your information, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
• Send an email to email@example.com
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, or the law requires us to do so. Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. If you still feel that your personal data has not been handled appropriately according to the law, you can contact the ICO and file a complaint with them.